Why Work Groups?
To apply Slow Food priorities in the Nordic Countries:
How are they composed?
- Regional diversity: preferably from all the Nordic Countries and regions
- Looking for expertise and diversity in connection with Slow Food Int. in Bra and other countries
- Building a stronger network (mapping and connecting convivia, communities, producers of Presidia, events…)
How do they work?
Each Work Group has a leader and its own Road Book to follow:
- Members: expertise first, newcomers (new approach) second, regional diversification
- Role: map the competences (experts, partners), report to coordinator and Slow Food in Nordic Countries board
- Mission: propose action(s) first for TMN (type of action suggested) and for Slow Food in Nordic Countries on long term
- Method: use Facebook pages for intern communication, Google Drive for documents
- Reporting: what would you propose for TMN 2022? What would you propose as a long term action?
- Communication through Zoom or Team (SF in NC has an account, ask for the link)
Each group has a leader and a space on Google Drive for Slow Food Nordic, and is encouraged to create a Facebook page for discussions.
Goals of the Work Groups
Build up a stronger network for Slow Food in the Nordic Countries, through a moderator (leader) in each group, and coordinating the approach in the region – „think global, act local“. The feedback from experts, convivia, communities, members is the first goal of these work groups and they are necessary to activate everybody on the international themes of Slow Food, so our ideas of good, clean, and fair food for all be heard.
- Mapping and communication
Map up regional resources, active convivia, communities and facilitate communication between Slow Food members and friends all over the region by communication on the themes of each group (f.ex. about raw milk and natural cheese for the group Slow Cheese). The groups feed the web for everybody to be able to look for informations concerning Slow Food priorities.
The groups suggest experts and themes of conference or workshops for Terra Madre Nordic 2022.